Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Chasm defined

I feel I need a space, a space to transform the distant divide of philosophical traditions. In this blog, one may not always find a cogent argument, let alone a well worked out philosophical theory. Instead, this is a space as implied in its name to overcome. A chasm is a tremendous gap. It is a breach in space between two separated sides. The chasm can only be crossed by a structure fixed to each side. However, you must have the disposition to build a bridge. I confess I do not even know anymore if I am capable of building bridges.

As a method of doing philosophy in general, I note some phenomena, perform a rather opaque phenomenological description of it, or I move to some obscure passage in a text. I seem rather comfortable in engaging the presence of the text and the world at large. If I had to claim a method of doing philosophy, this would most likely be it.

1 comment:

Fido the Yak said...

Hi. I just found your blog. I blog about phenomenology sometimes, but I have not studied philosophy in a university. I feel for you anyway. Hope it all turns out for you.