Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blog Slowing Down

Hello readers,

I know that a great many of you come here expecting something philosophical these days. However, I just can't keep up with all the hits I'm getting. I apologize for that.

I'm asking you for a little leniency in your expectations since I am moving from Canada back to the United States. I have about 10 days to go.

In the mean time, I've been thinking about the limits of perception phenomenologically. If one follows the metaphor of morality as given as objects of perception are given, then the same limitations of perception might be consistent with values. In sum, the fact that things are given incompletely and that situations are given incompletely might explain moral disagreement, or some aspect of it. Anyway, that's the only recent thought I had and it's not very developed either. It came to me after reading the second paragraph in Section III of Ideas I.

I'll be back to blogging in no time when I am well-situated back in the United States.

Three beautiful years in Vancouver, BC!

You should try it.

Best,

Ed

No comments: